To create and install a crown, your Able dentist will:
- Give you a local anesthetic.
- File down your damaged tooth.
- Make an impression of both arches to customize the shape of your permanent crown.
- Install a temporary crown over the tooth to protect it until the final crown is ready.
- On your next visit, replace the temporary crown with the permanent one and cement it into place. It will have the right fit, shape,
colour andbite of the original tooth.
One-visit crowns are exactly as described. Your Able dentist can create a crown restoration in a single visit, eliminating multiple appointments – and the need for a temporary crown – normally required to achieve the same outcome. The process uses computer-aided design and manufacturing to create a result with which you’ll be impressed.